Overview of process:
- Initial design fee of $300-$500 (will be rolled into final project).
- Client budget determined.
- Contract and quote provided after completed design.
- 50% non-refundable deposit due upon signing contract.
- Estimated production timeline will be provided.
- 50% balance due on project completion, before delivery.
- I will not copy another artist’s design or that of a currently manufactured piece.
- Period furniture can be reproduced but will require minor differences.
- Changes in design after project begins will result in revised contract, additional expense, and delay in completion.
- All rights to design drawings remain property of Cattywampus Woodworks.
- All drawings & copies will be retained by Cattywampus Woodworks.
A Word about Furniture Commissions
In commissioning a custom piece of furniture you are entering into a fairly involved yet very exciting process, one in which you and I will work closely to develop a design that is pleasing to both of us. This is important because you will love the piece and share your home or office with this furniture for a very long time. I will also love the piece and will want it to have a good home!
With our designs, you can see what we will build throughout the planning stage through 3d sketches using some of the latest software for furniture concepts.